XmlDocument.SelectNodes() XPath Query Returns Null

by dcurtis 4/12/2009 6:39:00 AM
I've been working on a project that required me to download a feed from a site and load it into a table.  I began pulling my hair out when trying to loop through the nodes of the XML--the only time I could retrieve any nodes via an XPath query was if I used "/*"--if I tried to name the nodes, I would always get nothing in return.  I performed several different searches and didn't find anything that addressed the issue.  Finally, I found something that appeared to be related here.  While this post was talking specifically about an MSBuild project file, I noticed a similarity between my issue and the MSBuild issue--both had an xmlns attribute issue.  Once I used the XmlNamespaceManager to add a namespace to the document, all of my XPath queries started to return values. 

Be the first to rate this post

  • Currently 0/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tags:

ASP.NET 2.0

Maverick.Net hmmmmm

by dcurtis 11/5/2008 10:07:00 AM

I have a potential customer who is using, what appears to me, to be an obscure .Net MVC framework called Maverick.Net.  In trying to understand the framework better, I downloaded it from sourceforge and attempted to install it on Vista/IIS7 and compile it with VS 2008 targeting the 2.0 framework.  AHHHHHHHHHHHH!  What a painful process!  After several hours I finally was able to (I thought) update all of the code that was now obsolete and get the Friendbook project to run.  The framework is interesting--it is essentially a mash-up between ASP and a C# class library.  While I understand the concept a little better now that I've seen it working, I think it still leaves something to be desired.

 I still can't get the Calendar or Friendbook-xlt example applications to work properly--I think partially because I'm not sure I updated all of the obsolete code properly.  Anyone have a good copy of Maverick.Net ported to 2.0 that actually works properly? 

Be the first to rate this post

  • Currently 0/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tags:

ASP.NET 2.0

RadGrid Update or UpdateEdited not firing with ObjectDataSource

by dcurtis 10/30/2008 10:22:00 AM
I was using a Telerik RadGrid control to bind to an ObjectDataSource and everything was working great; however, no mater what I did, I couldn't get any of the update commands to fire when updating the records.  Turns out you have to set the AllowAutomaticUpdates="true" in order for the update to work.

Currently rated 5.0 by 3 people

  • Currently 5/5 Stars.
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Tags:

ASP.NET 2.0 | Telerik | RadGrid

Powered by BlogEngine.NET 1.3.0.0
Theme by Mads Kristensen

About the author

Derek Curtis Derek Curtis
President, Plaid Pony Technology Solutions LLC

E-mail me Send mail

Calendar

<<  September 2017  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
28293031123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
2526272829301
2345678

View posts in large calendar

Pages

    Recent comments

    Authors

    Disclaimer

    The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in anyway.

    © Copyright 2017

    Sign in